Simple Image Gallery Pro v3.6.0 is now available to download or upgrade. This release features many improvements & updates over 3.5.0, including a new gallery layout (template) and a compatibility fix with Virtuemart's backend component.
Here's what's been added or changed in Simple Image Gallery Pro with the release of v3.6.0:
- By popular demand, we added the layout from Simple Image Gallery (free) with the name "Seamless", but enhanced to support the additional features in the Pro version.
- Captions are now enabled in the gallery layout "SlickShow1" which was introduced in v3.5.0.
- Fixed a JS conflict in the Virtumart backend component which prevented tabs from loading correctly in the product edit form. The issue was caused by Fancybox being loaded twice: a very old version loaded by Virtuemart and the newest loaded by Simple Image Gallery Pro.
- Removed Fancybox's built-in download option - downloads will now be fully controlled by the component only. Updated Fancybox to v3.5.5.
- Removed social sharing (for Facebook) in PrettyPhoto.
- Updated JS libraries elFinder & Plupload.js (used in the backend component) to their latest stable versions.
- The Media Manager will now properly load in HTTPS sites (previously broken in v3.5.0 because one of the CDN assets was loaded over HTTP).
- The Media Manager's UI (powered by elFinder) has been simplified and improved to cover the available viewport and resize dynamically if the browser window is resized. The rotation feature for images has also been restored (previously broken).
- Added backwards compatibility support for image galleries created by the 3rd party plugin "SIGE" .
- Minor Flickr path improvements.
- Added option to override PHP's file upload limits in the component Settings.
- Permissions table JS issue addressed in the component Settings.
- Lots of small UI improvements/fixes in the backend component.
If you are using Joomla v3.8.8+ and K2 v2.9.0+ we highly recommend you update to this newest version for better compatibility.
The JoomlaWorks demo site has been updated to the latest Simple Image Gallery Pro release. See here https://demo.joomlaworks.net/simple-image-gallery-pro.
If you have an active Simple Image Gallery Pro membership, just head over to the Member Dashboard at https://www.joomlaworks.net/members and grab your copy from your "Subscriptions" page.
Or purchase this latest release from just 19.90 EUR. More info at: https://www.joomlaworks.net/extensions/commercial/simple-image-gallery-pro
Just upload the new version and it will overwrite the old one.
For more help, please visit the updated documentation page for the extension at: https://www.joomlaworks.net/support/docs/simple-image-gallery-pro
For support questions please use our Ticket Support System inside the Member Dashboard at https://www.joomlaworks.net/dashboard (active product membership required).